Are you facing foreclosure?
There are a number of agencies that can be helpful if you have fallen behind on your mortgage payments and need assistance. The agencies listed below will help you better understand your options when facing Foreclosure.
- Office of Attorney General Maura Healey
- Housing counseling agencies – counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation – foreclosure resources
- MassHousing – foreclosure prevention loans
- Massachusetts Housing Consumer Education Center – information and referrals can help resolve housing problems
- Boston Department of Neighborhood Development – referrals to foreclosure prevention services
- Ecumenical Social Action Committee – intervention assistance for eastern Massachusetts residents
- Veterans Affairs Regional Loan Center – assistance for veterans with delinquent mortgage loans
- Massachusetts Legal Services – how foreclosures work and steps you can take
- Legal assistance
Addressing the foreclosure crisis is one of the most important things we can do to restore a healthy economy. Utilizing funds stemming from the recent nationwide state-federal settlement over unlawful foreclosures, the Attorney General’s Office launched a statewide foreclosure prevention and borrower support initiative entitled the HomeCorps. (Office of the Attorney General)
If you are facing foreclosure, the HomeCorps program may be able to help. You can call the HomeCorps Hotline at 617-573-5333.
For additional information regarding foreclosures type “foreclosure resources” into the search box at the following website: www.mass.gov/ocabr
Mortgage Modification Programs
For information regarding Mortgage Modification Programs, type “making homes affordable” into the search box on the following web site: www.mass.gov/ocabr